Steve Mugford is Executive Vice President, Head of Strategy at Capital One, and is based in the Boston office. Prior to joining Capital One in 1998, Steve was with the Boston Consulting Group in Los Angeles and later in Boston. While at BCG, Steve led strategy engagements with Fortune 500 clients in a variety of industries, including retail, consumer goods, telecommunications, and tech.
Steve is an active member of the Board of Directors of Excel Academy, a public charter middle school network in East Boston. Despite serving a predominantly low-income and non-native English speaking population, Excel schools rank as the highest performing middle schools in the state of Massachusetts.
Steve received an MBA from Harvard Business School and received a BA in Economics and English from Amherst College.
Steve is a competitive masters swimmer and enjoys beach volleyball, golf, and singing. He is also the father of three young daughters.
Others From Harvard
- Steve Mugford Executive Vice President
- Aaron Miller Managing Vice President
- Tamara Sigler Vice President
- Ashwin Vasan Vice President
- Amy Lifland Senior Manager
- Alex Bukhta Senior Associate
- Connor Hinebaugh Senior Associate
- Henry Wang Senior Associate
- Louise Eisenach Associate
- Darren McLeod Associate